Water and/or Sewer Service for a Development
August 24, 2021 - The sewer moratorium has expired. The sewer moratorium allowed the District’s Board of Commissioners to review metrics and further assess the situation with respect to immediate and interim improvements designed to expand capacity of the sewer system. The District is accepting connections again with an adjusted process, including a modified timing of payment of certain District fees as well as updated conditions to District-issued Certificates of Water and Sewer Availability.
The decision to allow the sewer moratorium expire was based on internal analysis and assessments of several aspects regarding sewer capacity including the identification of immediate and interim improvement projects that can increase capacity of the sewer system, and their anticipated time of implementation. For individual project information, follow this link.
Whether you’re new to building or a seasoned pro, there’s no denying that developing new homes and neighborhoods is complicated. While working together, it’s our desire to make this process as streamlined as possible and with few surprises or delays. To keep this process moving smoothly, we’ve created easy-to-follow process graphics to help chart your way through the development steps. Please review the guidelines and process charts linked below.
Starting the Process to Get Water and/or Sewer Service For a Development
- Make a Public Records Request for as-built drawings.
- Per District Code, a Developer Extension Agreement (DEA) is required in the following cases:
- If you are subdividing your property.
- If your development proposal is for a multi-family or commercial development.
- If a water and/or sewer main extension is required.
- If District staff determines that a DEA is appropriate for other activities.
- If you are unsure, please contact the District's office.
- Apply for a DEA and associated Certificates of Water and Sewer Availability (PDF).
- Email completed and scanned applications to email@example.com.
- Review DEA and associated forms
Still have questions? We will be happy to help please call us at: 425.295.3212 or e-mail us at DEA@spwater.org.