Mary Shustov is a registered professional engineer, having specialized in water resources while obtaining her civil engineering degree from California Polytechnic University, Pomona. Her work in both the public and private sectors has encompassed a broad spectrum of water-related projects including water supply development and planning, water inventory analysis, water quality modelling, clean energy development, and fish-friendly stream passages.
Mary is dedicated to achieving fair, equitable, economic policies which promote sustainability and resilience of the District’s water and sewer infrastructure and which preserve, protect, and maintain the health of the aquifer and other source water supplied to the District customers.
Current Commissioner Assignments
- Sammamish Chamber of Commerce*
- Issaquah Chamber of Commerce*
- Cascade Water Alliance Committees:
(Public Affairs*, Resource Management*, Finance and Management*)
- Metropolitan Water Pollution Abatement Advisory Committee: Primary Member
- Metropolitan Water Pollution Abatement Advisory Committee:
(Rates & Finance and Engineering & Planning subcommittees)
- Washington Association of Sewer and Water Districts:
(Board of Directors* and Section IV* meetings, Conferences & Training, Scholarship, Technology Interest, Small Districts, and Workforce Development committees)
- East King County Regional Water Association
- Lake Washington/Cedar/Sammamish Watershed (WRIA 8) Partners
* Denotes role as an observer