Nav Otal has more than 25 years of experience in utility management, fiscal and strategic planning, and policy development in the public sector. Nav has been the Director of Utilities for the City of Bellevue for nine years and was the Deputy Director for six years prior to that, overseeing Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, and Resource Management and Customer Service.
Prior to coming to the City of Bellevue, Nav worked as a researcher in the field of cancer endocrinology at the British Columbia Cancer Agency in Vancouver, Canada. Nav holds a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from University of British Columbia and a Master’s degree in business administration from City University. Nav is actively involved in the Association of Metropolitan Water Agencies (AMWA) and is on the Council of Smart Water Network (SWAN).
“I’m honored and very excited to serve as a Sammamish Plateau Water Commissioner, and look forward to working with the District staff and Commissioners to provide high quality utility services to our community.”
Current Commissioner Assignments
- City of Sammamish Government Liaison
- City of Issaquah Government Liaison
- Sammamish Chamber of Commerce*
- King County Regional Water Quality Committee*
- Issaquah Chamber of Commerce*
- Washington Association of Sewer and Water Districts:
(Board of Directors* and Section IV* meetings, Government Relations committee)
- Metropolitan Water Pollution Abatement Advisory Committee:
(Rates & Finance* subcommittee)
- Cascade Water Alliance Committees:
(Board of Directors* meetings, Finance and Management*)
* Denotes role as an observer